Our society has broader aims than cutting carbon emissions. We want to make our parish more sustainable, environmentally, socially and economically.
With that in mind over the Christmas period we hosted a meal for local residents at the local pub, to get people together whose paths may not normally pass.
We also took the opportunity to gather their ideas for sustainable development in the Parish. The most common themes raised were:
• local open space/allotments/walking area/play area
• footpath/cycle path to Southwell
• subsidised organic vegetable boxes for the village
• sustainable additions to the village hall and/or houses
• plant exchanges
• village shop
• telephone box conversion to ‘book exchange’
• educational events/increased communication
These add to earlier suggestions
• energy saving ideas for the village’s homes
• local open space /allotments/pocket park
• growing or buying local food